Tuesday, January 26, 2010
From There to Here: Part 1
I celebrated my 22nd birthday in Florida with my parents. They were there to attend a Book of Hope conference (http://www.bookofhope.net/pages/page.asp?page_id=62066), I was there to shop and suntan. Between lazing at the beach and bargain-hunting at the Prime Outlet mall, I managed to find the time to attend a few sessions. I met people who had committed their lives to raising support, living abroad, and distributing the Bible in dozens of languages around the world. It was inspiring, it was motivating, it was thought-provoking, it was frustrating! I was stuck at university wading my way through an undergraduate degree while people were living their adventures around the world and making a meaningful difference. That is what I wanted to be doing. I seriously considered dropping-out, for about a day, before I decided that finishing my education was probably a good idea. Returning to school the next week, I consoled myself with the thought that a teaching degree would be marketable around the world, and open doors that would otherwise be closed to me. It seems I may have been right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























































No comments:
Post a Comment