Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Scoop: The 4-1-1, The Dealio, The Skinny...

I am headed to Dakar, Senegal for 10 months to teach at Dakar Academy, boarding and day school serving primarily missionary families.

I am also excited to work with the PAOC missions team on various projects. You can check out the Senegal team at: http://www.paoc.org/missions/missionaries.aspx?sID=3&cID=8

I will arrive in Dakar August 2 and have a few days to get settled before new staff orientation and full staff orientation begin.

The school follows an American school calendar, the first day is August 12 and school lets out June 3.

I will be living in the Sandcastle, a staff apartment building which is a short walk from campus.

I will have a roommate, she is also a DA rookie, she's coming from Illinois.

This year I will be teaching middle school French, Geography, and Social Studies.

I will be at DA for one school year for sure, with the possibility (and likelihood of extending my stay).

I will have internet access within a few days of my arrival.

I am thrilled to be embarking on this adventure, but do not deny even for a moment that I will be homesick. It would be impossible to have such amazing friends and family, to come from teaching at such an incredible school, and to have had such growing experiences at home in Canada to not miss it all at one point or another.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow 10 months sounds a whole lot better than 1 year. I'm so incredibly excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to have you there! You will do an awesome job and I know that you will love it! See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete